Monday, 10 October 2011
Lower The Floor - Wiggle Your Toes
For me me me it has been a resounding success, and with my 5 foot eight and a half inches frame (I'm very proud of the half inch), I can stand up properly inside the cabin - useful for making tea in the galley, or perhaps being a dj on The World's Smallest Pirate Radio Station (one day, one day).
For anyone remotely interested, here are the instructions...
1) Measure between the the bits that go down between the ribs of the bilge, width and length.
2) Go down to B&Q and buy some thick ply - get them to cut each section to size to save time later.
3) Place each 'tile' in situ so that you can cut them again precisely to allow for any lumps and bumps.
4) Paint the bilge to make it look clean and nice, and then paint the 'tiles' to make them nice and clean.
5) Place the 'tiles' in the bilge, and then cover over with shag-pile rugs.
6) Walk up and down the length of the cabin in bare feet whilst holding glass of wine, and standing upright without tilting head (unless you're taller than 5 feet eight and a half inches),
7) Wiggle your toes in the warmth and comfort of your new floor.
Posted by Neil Watson at 20:13