The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Can't Wait



I was pretty excited when I began writing this blog and discovered that five or ten people actually read it. And then the figure became one hundred. Wow, I thought, pretty good, and I metaphorically patted myself on the back. Then it became one thousand and I celebrated some more. And now the number has topped 22,000! Well, I never.

'Erindoors and I return home today after our summer hols in France, and I can't wait to get back to my Boat For My Potplants, to see how it is, to make a cuppa on board, and maybe even sleep a night on it before winter sets in. As usual there are some plans afoot - Jason from the excellent Wivenhoe Forum is going to come down for a follow-up interview; I'm looking forward to seeing Jerry from Radio Wivenhoe to see where we can go with The World's Smallest Pirate Radio Station; and I'll be submitting the boat's story-so-far to a mainstream magazine, hopefully for publication in January.

But mostly I want to go out on the river. I want to gain confidence. I want to learn about the tides, the wind direction, the weather. After all, that's what it's really all about.




No comments:

Post a Comment