The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Sunday 26 May 2013

Iron Maiden and Potplants

By an extraordinary set of circumstances, I've recently been working with Dennis Stratton, former guitarist with Iron Maiden, and currently with Praying Mantis. I can report that he is indeed a Very Nice Man.

And not only that, he likes Wivenhoe a lot - but then again, who wouldn't?

So I approached him with an offer he couldn't refuse...'Well Dennis, how about playing something on my Boat For My Potplants when the small on-board studio is ready? It could do wonders for your career, you know, and we could do an interview and put it out on Radio Wivenhoe, the best radio station in all of, er, Wivenhoe.'

Dennis is no stranger to international stardom - but playing on a boat with potplants on the deck is a first for him, and he simply couldn't refuse, especially when he considered the consequences of being on the best radio station in all of Wivenhoe.

'Okay Neil, I could play along to a song I wrote for the the Praying Mantis album Nowhere To Hide, called Whenever I'm Lost'.

I came home and listened to the song. I pinched myself to make sure I hadn't been dreaming all this, and sure enough, I hadn't.




No comments:

Post a Comment