The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Never A Dull Moment

I'm so sorry, dear blog readers, to have been away from there 'ere pages for so long. I've been a busy bee with lots of things 'appenin'.

'What might they be?', I hear you ask.

Well, to start with, there's been a fair amount of painting and decorating work to be getting on with. That pays the bills, so has to take pole position.

Then on Wednesday evenings I've been meeting up with my mentor David, who's helping me write my first novel, Muddy Water, and in between our meetings I have been enthusiastically putting pen to paper (well, fingers to keyboard these days), sometimes at two or three in the morning. Sad old me.

And our friends Vinny and Jay held their Silver Anniversary celebrations in Mersea, and they let us park Tallulah outside their house. It was great catching up with old friends like Pat West from where I used to live in North London.

What's more, preparations are now under way for the next World's Smallest Pirate Radio Station outside the Rose And Crown on the day after the Wivenhoe Regatta, on August 3rd. Jerry and I will be spinning the discs, pop-pickers. I'm waiting to hear back from Tony Blackburn, but I guess I may still be waiting a little longer.

And as well as all that I've slept on the Boat for My Potplants on not just one, but two occasions in as many weeks. It sure was a glorious sight looking up at the sky through the hatch in the early hours.

So, it's all been go, go, go. There's never a dull moment around these parts.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment