The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Wednesday 28 October 2015

Harry Who?

Harry​ Who?
Many of those who know me also know that I'm a Harry​ Nilsson obsessive - a huge fan of his music ever since I was 13, when my mum first played his LP Nilsson Schmilsson to me.

He's possibly best known for his two massive hits, Without You and Everybody's Talkin', although these songs are just a small tip of his extensive catalogue.

What's he got to do with Muddy Water​? Well, as it's MY book, I figured I had carte blanche to include several private Harry​ nods within the pages, including the illustrations drawn by Laura​ of the central character, Leslie Markland. Not a lot of people will know it but Mr. Markland bares an uncanny resemblance to the man himself. And in the story the dog's called Harry too. Oh it's such fun being an author - anything can happen, and it quite often does.


No comments:

Post a Comment