The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Thursday 1 October 2015

A New Beginning





Right! Too long has gone by since my last post on my blog. That was back when my Boat For My Potplants got sold to the lovely Lesley.

I'd concluded that it was time to move on. Time to embark on new adventures - like writing a novel.

Many of us have a story inside of us, just bursting to come out. Muddy Water is my story bursting to come out, and out it will be out on 1st November - and much of it was written aboard the boat.

So, I'm now picking up my blog from where I left off - and where better than with Miss Baudet - the new name for the old boat.

The new owner - Lesley - is featured in my book as Alberta Louise Baudet. And last weekend I met her on her boat in order to remind her how the motor works.

While I was there my breath was taken away by the incredible job she has done, along with her husband Graham, in improving the interior even better than I could ever do.

Just look! It's incredible. And to think that six years ago it was ready to be towed away for scrap.

I take my hat off to Miss Baudet.


No comments:

Post a Comment