The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Monday 21 May 2012

And What A Cool Day It Was, Dude

I don't think things could have gone any better. With military precision in the timing, The Boat For My Potplants was launched.

Martin, my brother-in-law, and his two boys Jack and George came with us. I marvelled at Jack's dreadlocks, and wished I had hair like that - or indeed any hair would do.

He looked like The Dude, and I felt like The Coolest Dude, as we powered our way up past Alresford Creek and through the Wivenhoe barrier and on to our final destination of our mooring outside The Rose And Crown. At precisely the right moment the sun shone, the wind calmed, the tide ebbed, and in we came.

Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment