The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Pinching Myself

Blimey. I've got to pinch myself. After last weekend's not-so-great experience on my Boat For My Potplants, I've been having the good - no, great - fortune to have been asked to make a neighbour's boat become just like mine.

Blimey. It's catching. Sooner or later all my nautical neighbours are going to want one.

Blimey. What an absolute pleasure it's been to have been repairing, sanding, preparing and painting the interior of my customer's boat, from which I merely need to glance up and view my boat just a few yards away. And not only that, it's been all of 60 seconds to fall out of bed and get to of the morning.

Blimey. I'm even getting paid for doing this job, whereas really it is I who should be paying for having been granted such a great privilege.

It's the Wivenhoe Magic, making its mark again.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over 20 years of roofing, siding, insulation & gutter repair & installation service in Detroit Michigan. Save today and schedule your Free estimate roof repair livonia.

    ReplyDelete