The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 7 October 2017

All Dressed Up


I even got out my posh shoes and shirt so that I could attend a function at the lovely Caxton Bookshop in Frinton, hopefully talking to anyone remotely interested in Muddy Water.

Coffee and cake was offered, and I had my special pen poised to sign any purchases.

It would have been a brilliant morning if anyone had come.

Oh well, the life of an author has its ups and downs.

At least it inspired me to begin writing my blog again.

And another positive outcome was that I bought some lovely calves' liver from the fab butcher next door and ate it for my lunch when I got home.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear Neil - few know what a hard life it is being an author. Good luck with the next phase in the life of Florida Keys (Gee, I hope I got the name right) Philippa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd understand Philippa x

    ReplyDelete