The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Wednesday 8 September 2010

A Moment Of Calm

A moment of calm was had this evening aboard The Boat For My Potplants, as I closed the door on her for the next four weeks.

We are off on our hols in France, but it's hard to tear myself away from the project that has turned itself into a right-rollickin' adventure, in which I've met some great, great people...

...Ron and Pam, who kindly gave me their boat in the first place.
...The people at St Neots marina who helped me get it to Alresford Creek.
...My fellow boating friends at Alresford Creek whilst I was renovating the boat's exterior.
...Cherry the artist, who came out of the blue and gave me her work to hang in the boat.
...Sarah and her colleagues, who made me a brilliant multi-coloured canopy.
...The marketing lady at Dulux, who gave me loads of paint to use on the next phase.
...Everyone at Wivenhoe who has helped me with the mooring, the fun and the excitement.
Thank you to you all.

And now the future beckons...

...An outboard motor needs to be acquired.
...The interior needs repairing and renovating.
...The solar energy system needs connecting up.
...The Pirate Radio Station needs setting up.

Well, dear bloggees, I'm looking forward to it immensely already

Oh yes...and of course the winter pansies will need planting...by 'erindoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment