The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Wednesday 8 May 2019

Never A Dull Moment


In just a week and a half from now, it will be the Wivenhoe Open Gardens, and I've promised to make a display on the top of my boat. Not only that, Jane will be participating in the Spring Presence art trail.

So, yesterday, not to miss a bargain, in preparation I bought some astroturf from Aldi.

Coinciding with that weekend, a delegation of 7 friends, including the Maire of Montolieu who joined me on stage at my book launch last year, will be coming to visit Wivenhoe to attend our own Mayor's Ball.

In my excitement, I ordered some French flags!

I hope this will be the beginnings of great things to come - of cultural exchange and friendship between our two unusual, friendly, quirky and creative towns.


No comments:

Post a Comment