The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 21 July 2012

At Last!

Paul rang me on the phone. 'Whatever happens, we're going out on that boat today'. And who was I to argue?
At last the weather conditions were perfect.
At last the tide was high enough for long enough.
At last I had some confidence.

And sure enough, with Mike's help and guidance, off we went.

We picked Paul up from the jetty.
Jane came along too.
The motor purred like a kitten.
And I was like a kid at Christmas.



At last, after all this time and so many aborted attempts, my Boat For My Potplants finally became a boat on the river. At last.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finally getting your boat afloat! More pics of next adventures please?! The area your in looks lovely! Looking forward to seeing how you, the boat and your pot plants make out! :)
    Paula W x

    ReplyDelete