The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 22 September 2012

It's Great To Be Back On My Boat

It seems like ages since I was last on my boat for the magical evenings that became the World's Smallest Pirate Radio Station's first two broadcasts (a financial report will appear in tomorrow's blog). 

Since then we went on holiday, and straight after that I've been working away and haven't had the chance to set foot on the deck to even tend the geraniums (which are looking pretty gaudy now, I can tell you, so I'd better tend to them, pronto).

But this morning that all changed when I went down to meet Jason on board for butties and a cuppa.

Jason (that's a microphone in his hand, you know) wanted to conduct a short interview with me, following on from the one he did a couple of years ago, for his rather wonderful Wivenhoe Forum, which serves the village with useful information and interesting comment about what's going on in the community.

We sat and chatted, the kettle boiled and the bacon sizzled. The sun shone and reflected gloriously on the river, and all was good on The Boat For My Potplants.

It's REALLY great to be back on board.


No comments:

Post a Comment