The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Monday 19 November 2012

One Thing Leads To Another...

I must have had a couple of drinks the other Sunday at the sailing club (of which I'm not a member, being the owner of a motorised Boat For My Potplants) when I was asked if I might recreate the golden age of Los Amigos's Pirate Radio days of yesteryear - or was it merely yestermonth?

I can't quite remember - it was all such a blur. But anyways, I said yes to the fundraising scheme to get some much-needed dosh for the ferry fund.

Yes, Sir-ree, we do indeed have a non-profit-making ferry that runs across the river when high tide permits, taking passengers from Wivenhoe to Fingringhoe and Rowhedge, all for the good of the local community. If one timed it right, one could even take a bike and cycle off to Mersea Island, go once round, and get back in time for the last return crossing.

So one thing has led to another, and I'm jolly well looking forward to spinning the discs yet again, I can tell you.

It's all go. All I need to do is dig out that smash hit chart-topper by Gerry And The Pacemakers "Ferry Cross To Mersey"                                                                                   
                                                                            
Did I hear a groan somewhere?


No comments:

Post a Comment