The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 24 November 2012

Eurekakaka

Being a humble painter and decorator I sometimes have lots of time to think while the paint-brushes are doing the work. I found my mind wandering towards 2013 and thoughts of what next year's adventures would be in store for me and my Boat For My Potplants.

Apart from going out on the river for the ocasional picnic, once again it is music that comes to the forefront.

Eurekakaka!!! The boat should be turned in to a studio so that I can record weekly radio programmes, and not only that, I can have guests being interviewed and playing their guitar, keyboard, ukelele or whetever the heck they like.

I can play other genres that I know nothing about, like gothic, hip-hop, jazz and reggae, and the boat can become the perfect platform from which to launch this voyage of discovery.

One favourite is Mama Rosin. They're first on my list. They're French speaking Swiss, playing Louisiana Cajun style punk. Wivenhoe has fallen in love with them and for some reason they've fallen in love with Wivenhoe - so much so that they've written a song about us.

Check this out...Mama Rosin: "Wivenhoe"
PS: Best played loud after a few pints.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment