The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Friday 25 October 2013

The Circle Is Unbroken

Well, it all began in the OEG. That's the Old English Gentleman to you and me - a great pub in Saffron Walden, Essex, England. That's where I was having a pint with my old friend Mark (ex-Radio Luxembourg and Capital Gold dj) Wesley, and I came up with the great idea to create the World's Smallest Pirate Radio Station on board my Boat For My Potplants.

The circle is unbroken.

This week we met up again, and I admitted my fear of taking the boat out on the river, and how I'd like to overcome it.

I also mentioned how I'd like to sit in the corner of a studio belonging to a proper dj, and watch and learn.

Thanks to Mark, two of those dreams may come true..

...Firstly he kindly offered to take my boat out with me. Being an experienced nautical maestro (he had to go out to sea a few times during his pirate dj years), he knows a thing or two about boats.

...Secondly he kindly invited me to a Capital Gold dj reunion coming up shortly in London.

Yes, yes, yes...pleeeeeeease, Mark.

But based on his performances at some of my previous shindigs, I'm not too sure if it's a good idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment