The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 19 October 2013

Tired

Normally I'm up with the lark and ready to do whatever's in store for me.

But today I was up before the larks, waking at around 3 in the morning and not going back to sleep.

So all the plans for today's jobs have gone out the window. Tiredness prevails.

I went down to the Boat For My Potplants to get some inspiration, but for once all I could see was a workload that I had no energy for.

The canopy needs cleaning. The mud from when Jerry fell in needs cleaning. The hull needs cleaning. The step needs repairing. The kitchen needs tidying.




Even the thought of the boat 'extension' that I've got my eye on didn't inspire me - especially when I realised my plan had a major flaw in it. I realised that I can't tie it to the flat end of the big boat because there's a bloomin' motor in the way!

All I could do was look and ponder. And when I finished pondering I went home.






No comments:

Post a Comment