The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Sunday 13 April 2014

Never A Dull Moment



A late and great night was had at the Wivenhoe Sailing Club, where our mate Simon did a sterling job as musical front-runner for the Ferry Fundraising event. The ferry that runs between Wivenhoe and Rowhedge needs costly maintenance, and Paul and Nenah Knew just how to raise it by putting on a night to remember.

At the beginning of my winning streak, my raffle ticket came up trumps.

Early this morning I went off to B&Q to get paint for a new job beginning tomorrow. My winning streak continued with the chance meeting in the car park of top chap and publisher, and writer of the outstanding Rock Atlas, David Roberts and his charming wife. We have arranged to meet on Wednesday to discuss my next 'project'.

At midday the sun shone and I enjoyed time on the Boat For My Potplants working on the windscreen, whilst admiring the gnomes. I thought I ought to try starting up the engine in preparation for a trip out on the river in a couple of weeks with boat-donor Neil Rowland and his squeeze Angela.
I think I'll spring that little surprise upon them just after they arrive.

Then this afternoon my mindset shifted towards Tallulah The T-Reg Motorhome with an out-of-the-blue phone call from Andy, presenter of the Motorhome Channel. My lips are sealed at the moment, but if I were to say the words 'filming', 'Tallulah', and 'television', you might get my drift.

There's never a dull moment here in Wivenhoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment