The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Friday 11 April 2014

It's That Time Of Year Again

I busied myself yesterday with creating a new look for the planters on top of the Boat For My Potplants in preparation for its inclusion in this year's Wivenhoe Open Gardens, and I couldn't help noticing the state of the windscreen.

After all that damp weather over the winter, it is the time of year again to inspect what needs doing.

So I scraped off the loose paint, giving the timber a chance to breathe and dry out.

I seem to remember doing this all before - but this time I have a cunning plan up my nautical sleeve.

Shiver me timbers - why didn't I think of it before? Instead of painting with paint, this year I'll use woodstain and varnish.

It may not appear as a Eureka moment for you, dear blog-readers, by for me it is mind-liberating sensationalism.

Oh, and by the way, my suspicions were correct - it was indeed none other than Quay Character Andy Stollery who 'planted' the garden gnome on the deck. I found his business card under the gnome's bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment