The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Over To The Albion

Across the river from Wivenhoe is the beautifully proportioned village of Rowhedge, where lies Ye Olde Albion public house.

After working, yes WORKING, on a bank holiday Monday, 'Erindoors and I went down to sit on the Boat For My Potplants. We'd only been there a few minutes when we got itchy feet.

'Let's go over to The Albion for a pint, and let's go on the canoe', The Lovely Jane suggested.

Who was I to disagree? So off we went, had our pint of Shalford ( a local brew from my sister's village of - you guessed it - Shalford), and very nice it was too.

Then, it was a quick paddle back to Wivenhoe, another village that is even more beautifully proportioned.


No comments:

Post a Comment