The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Sunday 18 July 2010

How did they do THAT?

On the day before the launch of The Boat For My Potplants, final preparations were busily being made - the most essential of which was to load the huge vessel from its blocks onto an old trailer.

How did they do it? I still don't know - and I was there all the time helping (well, watching at least).

As if by magic, a couple of hours later, the boat was already to be towed down to the creek this afternoon, for its maiden voyage up the river to Wivenhoe.

I've got a "to do" list as long as my arm, so forgive me for making today's blog short. When the boat finally gets to its mooring position outside The Rose And Crown, I'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief, and crack open the bubbly.

Fingers crossed!

1 comment: