The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Sunday 17 June 2012

And Now On To The Radio

I've missed Wivenhoe, and I've missed my Boat For My Potplants. I'm back from my hols, rejuvinated and ready to begin three tasks;

One for the past - to research and discover the true history of my 23ft former Norfolk-Broads ex-hire river cruiser. Who owned it? Where was it based? Who were its clients?

One for the present - to learn how to sail, er, motor her up and down the River Colne. Will I avoid crashing into other boats? I jolly well hope so.

And one for the future - to create The World's Smallest Pirate Radio Station (WSPRS-FM). Regular readers of this blog will know all about my ever-so-slightly barmy idea. How will I 'broadcast' top tunes from the boat, using an iPod? Will anyone be bothered to listen?

My revisiting of the LRV15 lightship in Harwich yesterday awakened my inspiration. Last time I was on board, I was Barnacle Bill on the Mark Wesley show. What a day that was. This time I was a guest at the fantastic wedding reception of our Wivenhoe friends Trish and Geoff. And what a day THAT was! I walked around the ship, in awe. This is the real boat that rocked, with all that history, from all those years ago.

Don't ask me how I'm going to do it. I don't know yet. But that's not important. What IS important is to offer sincere congratulations to the new Mr and Mrs Lee for a tip-top, 100% brilliant, hurdy-gurdy day.





No comments:

Post a Comment