The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 2 July 2011

Beer, Wine, or Tea?

I love 'Erindoors - I truly do. But she's only gone and left me on a Saturday night to fend for myself as she goes off gallivanting with her mates. Good luck to her, I say, but who's gonna make my tea, I ask?

There's only one thing for it - a night on the boat. I can order a meal from The Rose And Crown. It's only a few feet away from the deck - and while I'm at it, I may as well have a drink or two to celebrate the fact that The Boat For My potplants is now habitable.

What should it be? I rather fancy a beer to quench my thirst after a hard day's work, but I do prefer the gentle taste of a Rioja - or perhaps a Merlot. Much more posh than a beer, what what?

But as I'm gathering together my survival kit for my first all-night sleepover (I need my pyjamas, slippers and the like), I think that on this occasion I really should put my new camping stove to the test. So now I'm off up to the Co Op for tea bags, milk and a packet of biscuits.

Soon I'll be all set. I've got my radio, my book, the evening sun, and some geraniums.

What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment