The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Sunday 2 February 2014

My Girl Bill

My super cool cousin has been visiting Wivenhoe, and staying with us. And it's been a real pleasure, I can tell you. For reasons best known to herself she likes to call herself Bill. Who am I to question why?

Well, this morning the sun came out to say hello, so we decided to drive to the local farm shop in Alfonso in order to get some bacon and eggs for breakfast.

I noticed a nice pot of plants (a primula and something else that I can't remember the name of), and Bill insisted on buying them for me. Top girl!

I was so excited (it doesn't take much) we drove straight to the Boat For My Potplants and I promptly planted them. My green fingers soon became brown and dirty, but I didn't care.

And it's all for the Wivenhoe Society's Open Gardens, which I will reveal more details of shortly. I bet you can't wait!

In the meantime, I raise my proverbial collection of hats to Bill, who writes an incredible blog of her own. Check it out. She somehow manages to say in just a few words and visuals more than I can possibly say in many paragraphs.

And I raise my other hats to her, as it was she who suggested and encouraged me to begin writing a blog of my own at a time when I had barely heard of the b-word.

So it's My Girl Bill that you can blame for all this rubbish what I write.

Here's to you, Bill. x

No comments:

Post a Comment