The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Monday 3 February 2014

Wivenhoe Open Gardens

Now I know and understand that the primary use of a boat is NOT to have it as an Open Garden. But you have to appreciate that a) This is Wivenhoe, and b) This is no ordinary boat - it is in fact A Boat For My Potplants.

Should I bring out the artificials from the heads (toilet area)?
So, it stands to reason that it should be included in this year's list of gardens, open to the general public between Saturday 17th May and Sunday 18th May (11am-5pm).

The idea is that the Wivenhoe Society can raise funds by selling a programme and map of where the participating gardens are located.

But I'll let you all, dear blog-readers, into a secret. I will whisper it in your ear. My one is outside the Rose and Crown pub on the quay - you really can't miss it. But don't tell anyone, okay?

Of course I am already preparing things by planting a few choice bulbs, the names of which I can't quite remember, but I am equally looking forward to including some plastic artificials in the right places - so long as they're tasteful!






2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back and blogging - or do they call it blogger's block - good luck with the garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bursledon Blogger. Yes, bloggers block alright! Too much going on, but all at an end now, so back with the nonsense again.

    ReplyDelete