The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Wednesday 14 May 2014

GORILLA!

I promised to come clean about the gorilla, so here goes.

This weekend is the Wivenhoe Open Gardens, and I agreed to include my Boat For My Potplants among the 26 gardens taking part.

As well as having a display of REAL and ARTIFICIAL plants and flowers, against the better judgement of a peeved 'Erindoors. But once she got into the spirit of things she suggested that we get a gorilla for it.

'Don't be daft', I said. 'Folks will laugh at me.'

She muttered something inaudible under her breath.

I considered things for a moment.

'Brilliant! And we can have palm trees and everything. We can call it 'Gorilla In The Midst Of The Wivenhoe Open Gardens'.

Sometimes I even surprise myself with how my brain works.

So, I'm off now to Mill Race Garden centre to borrow a gorilla, and then to B&Q to borrow some palm trees.

Just another normal Wivenhoe day.

No comments:

Post a Comment