The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 31 May 2014

I Didn't Get Where I Am Today...(Part One)



I didn't get where I am today without preparation, and preparation is exactly what I was doing yesterday, bringing Tallulah out from her storage barn and taking her to Wivenhoe Autos for her annual MOT. And giving Churchill The Nodding Dog a ride out along the way.

This is all in readiness for two major trips coming up in the not-too-distant future. The first one is next week, to our friends Vinny and Jay for their anniversary bash at their home on Mersea Island, only fifteen or so miles away. They said we can park on their drive, so we can stagger out from their party and into bed without much walking being involved.

So I've asked the garage to check Tallulah over to make sure she's up to the challenge, and while they're at it, please would they sort out the intermittent starter switch problem, and also fit electronic ignition to replace the points. I don't know what that means, but it sounds good.

All this is good preparation for the second trip coming up in July, which will be the furthest we've ever taken her.

More about that in Part Two.



No comments:

Post a Comment