The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Thursday 8 November 2018

HERALD NEWS - read all about it!

In Adrian's wine shop

How extraordinary.

An article appeared about 'Florida Key' and its author (that's me) in Joliet, Illinois' newspaper, with the headline featuring the Folger Adam manufactured prison key that inspired me to write the story.

Resulting from that, I was contacted by two individual ladies, both of whom had direct connections with the company.

Susan Carlton very kindly sent me a copy of the rag to me while I was in France recently - and I had pleasure in reading it in the best place in town - Adrian's wine shop.

Ralph Luebs
Barbara Carnaghi sent me a sketch of her late father Ralph Luebs, who had been the Vice President of Operations at the time of his passing in 1982. She recounted her memory as a child visiting the prisons with her dad in which the Folger Adam locks were utilised.

What a fascinating journey I have been privileged to journey on since beginning this writing mullarkey.

2 comments: