The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 2 February 2019

In Montolieu



Last week I was lucky enough to be in Montolieu, at the Writer's Retreat, doing some more 'Mister Tap'.

What a bloody horrible week it was.

I had a cough, I had a cold, I had a bad back, the weather was shit, 'Erindoors had to cancel coming at the last minute, and my cooking ain't wot it oughta be, as can be seen by my sauce that went slightly wrong.

Oh yes, and the car had a flat battery, twice - the first time when I arrived, and the second time just before going to the airport.

Apart from all that, it was great!

But I did manage to complete the current 20 chapters, and that's what I set out to do.

And I also had a very successful meeting with Monsieur Maire (not Monsieur le Mairie - Mr Town Hall, as I mistakenly called him at last summer's book launch), and I think because of the lure of having apperos on my boat, he may be coming to Wivenhoe in May.

He will be most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment