The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Friday 1 November 2019

NO TIDE


Well, I didn't overcome my fear associated with taking the boat out.

Apart from the threat of poor weather hanging in the air, there was another insurmountable problem to contend with - I had misread the tide height, and it just didn't come up high enough to float us for long enough.

So we went for a meal instead at Wivenhoe's very own Syrian restaurant. Excellent vegan fare, and highly recommended. https://www.theolivebranchwivenhoe.co.uk/

Actually, I was much relieved that I couldn't take the boat out - but it's still on my list of to-do items.

I won't be satisfied until I've done it, but that will have to be next year now.


No comments:

Post a Comment