The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 4 April 2020

IT'S CURTAINS



I came to the conclusion a while back that my poor old Boat For My Potplants was indeed in need of a bit of a pick-me-up.

It was looking tired and uncared for, untidy and, dare I say, a little dirty.

It was time for a repaint and a clean, putting things away in their places, and generally having a good old sprucing-up.

Luckily for me, my reliable 'Erindoors (Jane) offered to make me some new, brighter curtains - using some left-over material she had lying around in a box under the bed. Perfect.

But we didn't have any tape that goes along the top, where the hooks get hooked (I don't know what its technical name is) - so she ordered some from our local Colchester Franklins shop (https://www.franklinsgroup.com). Sadly, the physical shop is currently closed due to Coronavirus*, but they are still taking on-line orders, and an on-line order was duly placed - but unfortunately for not enough. One of us mis-calculated, and it may well have been me.

Anyway, a second order was placed - and lo-and-behold, the lovely lady from Franklins turned up at our doorstep the very same evening to personally deliver it. Now, that's what I call GREAT service.

So, Jane was able to get on and brighten up the boat, after I'd finished giving it a fresh lick of paint.

Tune in tomorrow folks, and I'll update you with what I've been doing with the onboard record player. 

I bet you can't wait. 


* (One day soon I will do a blog about Coronavirus - it's so unbelievable, and I'm sure in years to come I'll have to pinch myself that it really happened)

No comments:

Post a Comment