The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Wednesday 29 April 2020

SOME IMPORTANT CHANGES

Yes indeed. During this lockdown I've snuck down to the boat to make a few small, but essential changes.
For example the right-hand loudspeaker wasn't completely straight, so that demanded immediate and radical attention.
The curtains are now all up, thanks to the efforts of the wonderful 'Erindoors.
And there's now a telly, although not yet connected up. The telly is so that David the Publisher and I can have our regular Book Clubs aboard* with a background of music videos playing.
Of course the ancient Grundig amp is still there, firing up those Mordaunt-Shorts divinely, and it's neatly tucked away now in its own little cubbyhole.

But some things will always remain the same, apart from the song. The view from the back of my Boat For My Poplants is still the best in Wivenhoe. All that's still missing is a potplant - which is why I've now got a potty, ready for an artificial delight that will follow shortly.

* After things return to some sort of norm**, and social distancing is no longer a prerequisite to all activities.
** I haven't mentioned it before on this 'ere blog, but there's a nasty virus going round worldwide, and so none of us can meet up, which is a great pity, as I'm missing my mates down the pub - as are we all.



No comments:

Post a Comment