Monday, 18 November 2013

A Nod To My Dog

'Aah, YES', says Churchill. 'I love my Tallulah'
Well, dear blog-readers. I'm taking a slight deviation away from my Boat For My Potplants for a while. It's the winter evenings, you see. I can't get too enthusiastic about sitting on the boat while it's drizzling outside.

So, in the meantime, let me tell you about Tallulah, our 'T'-reg 1987 Hymer Bedford Blitz motorhome (or should I say 'campervan'? - it sounds a bit cooler, eh?).

Why did we get a campervan? It seemed like a great idea at the time - and I'm sure it will be.

Whilst Los Amigos (the boat) was fundamentally MY project,  Tallulah is a passion shared between The Lovely Jane, (aka 'Erindoors - but now often 'Eroutdoors).

Whereas my boaty goal is to sail to Brightlingsea and back, thus overcoming my nautical fears, our campervanny goal is to attend a music festival next year.

After extensive research with a bottle of the red stuff, we've settled on Latitude, in Southwold, Suffolk.

Actually, the extensive research is a bit of a fib. We don't know where or when Latitude is.  But it sounds like fun, all the same.

And Tallulah does need some attention. It's a bit scary to drive. I can't find the gears.

Never mind.

It'll be a great home for our nodding dog, Churchill.

Aah, Yes!



6 comments:

  1. That's a cool van. It will be great on my road trips.
    Visit website for Beautiful Homer Hotel Homer Inn and Spa

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable dog and the van was great truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your campervan is a vintage one. I think you should have it check for your safety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isnt that dog cute? where did you bought that. i like to have one too.

    ReplyDelete