The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Mark - A True Wivenhoe Quay Character

Yesterday, faced with blue and cloudless skies I thought to myself 'Shall I go to work today?'

After a few moments contemplating the consequences of letting a customer down, I decided to go along as planned to paint windows in a flat along the quay, here in Wivenhoe.

Thank goodness I did, because - as usual - my job isn't like real work. It was in fact a pleasure to do.

No more "tough days at the office" for me - no Sir-ee. Those days are long gone.

So I breathed a sigh of joy as I enjoyed the view.

Then on my way home at the end of the day I drove past Mark, a true Quay Character Of Wivenhoe.

Some may say that Mark is slightly eccentric? Maybe. Many would say that he's friendly and a pleasure to acquaint? Most definitely.

He is a thoroughly decent chap, whose craftmanship is well sought after around these parts.

And it's easy to see why when you look at his brilliant miniature 'paint your wagon' being lovingly created by his own fair hands.

When it's finished, I'm sure everyone is going to want one.

Get back - I'm first in the queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment