The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 21 November 2009

Away For A While

Several feelers have now been put about declaring that I am keen to have a mooring for The Boat For My Potplants. And today, I have been invited to join a group of people, the Wivenhoe Ocean Racing Club, which I will be delighted to do. Now, the Club, or W.O.R.C., as it's better known sounds like my cup of tea, or swig of rum. Not only is there no ocean nearby, neither is there any racing - except to the bar for the first drink. So I, with my sole eccentric membership of B.F.M.P., should fit in quite nicely, I trust.

Now, I don't know much about the Club yet, except that it does a wonderful job in helping to raise funds for the British Legion's building upkeep here on Wivenhoe Quay. It was W.O.R.C. that put on the magnificent firework display that I blogged about a couple of weeks ago.

I am now looking forward to putting my boat, with its potplants, up for the next ocean race, hopefully in the not-too-distant future.

In the meantime, dear bloggers, important work is pulling me away to distant lands for the next two weeks. I will be cooking gastronomic extravaganzas, painting high walls, and relaxing with friends. Mentally though, I will be still on my boat, wondering whether my wish for a mooring will be granted when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment