The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Thursday 12 November 2009

I didn't get where I am, etc etc

In my last blog I mentioned The Company Shed as an ideal destination for the Boat For My Potplants. Thousands of you bloggers have asked what The Company Shed is. Well, it is the most delightful 'restaurant' imaginable, located on Mersea Island by the water's edge. It serves sea-food for take-away, or (if you're lucky) you might get a seat inside where you are encouraged to bring your own bread and wine. Scallops, prawns, lobsters, white fish, salmon, crabs are bountiful. You name it, they serve it.

However, when mentioning my desire to take the boat there, my friend Greg (whom I reluctantly admit probably does know a thing or two about boating) has steadfastly advised against me taking the Boat For My Potplants to this great place. 'You will have to cross the wide estuary', he says. 'It is SEA. Your boat is a RIVER boat. It is called a RIVER boat because it was built to go on RIVERS, not the SEA'.

Greg - you are such a kill-joy. I didn't get where I am today, etc etc by listening to people telling me what I can't do. But on this one, you're probably right. Even more reason why I have to prove you wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment