The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Wednesday 18 November 2009

Excuse Me!

Well, dear bloggees, it has been a while now since my last posting. Not for lack of enthusiasm on my part - no siree, far from it. It's just that until I get a mooring I can't really do much in the way of arranging transportation for the Boat For My Potplants from St Neots to Wivenhoe.

However, earlier this week, I did have a Very Important Meeting with a Very Important Person who knows Someone Who Has A Mooring that may possibly be available. I have to wait patiently. I have discovered that here in Wivenhoe it's not about what you know, but who you know, that counts. I was a little dismayed by the question put to me about whether Wivenhoe actually wants another rotten old boat on its quayside. Excuse me!

In the meantime, my small article has been submitted to Essex Life Magazine, and my fingers are crossed that publication could take place in their January edition. And if they print a photo as well, then who know where it all may lead. It could be the start of something Big. Then moorings galore will be offered to me left right and centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment