The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Thursday 26 April 2012

Two Clouds That Have Silver Linings


I was beginning to get a bit stressed, what with the moving of my Boat For My Potplants to Brightlingsea on Monday, and all the arrangements that that entailed.

On Tuesday morning I got up to write my latest blog, only to find that it had all been changed - and not only that - all the pictures had gone! My stress level rose some more. I had to leave things for later investigation and go off to work.

And then later that day I got the phone call from the Suzuki dealer that I was hoping not to get, telling me that Suzuki haven't got me the motor after all. My stress level hit the ceiling of the hallway that I had been painting.

However, I heard an inner voice telling myself to 'Calm down dear - it's only a blinking boat - with daffodils on top'.

And with that, the first of two silver linings appeared; instead of a used ex-demo 15hp motor, Suzuki are supplying a brand spanking new 9.9hp. 'As long as it gets me over to The Albion pub in Rowhedge, I don't mind', I said. 'Where's the Albion?', asked Tracy from the Suzuki dealer. 'About 500 yards away, on the other side of the river', I explained. 'That'll do nicely, then', I was assured.

Later that evening I investigated my blog and concluded that I'd have to change the format and re-load all the pictures, one by one.

So as I began looking through all the photos since this boating adventure began I saw the second silver lining - a realisation of just how lucky I am to be doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment