The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Tuesday 24 April 2012

THE DAY OF MOVING HAS COME

An important (for me, that is) date in my calendar arrived yesterday, and so did my brother-in-law Martin with his trailer, which we duly drove over to Brightlingsea and left in the boat yard belonging to Boat Park And Ride, ready to recover my boat.By the time we arrived at Wivenhoe on Tracy's boat on the incoming tide the weather wasn't being particularly kind to us, but undeterred we tied up for the tow and began our slow return journey back to Brightlingsea.It was choppy. It was cold, and it was windy - but I didn't mind.I recognised that this was a historic moment in the life of The Boat For My Potplants - as it inched its way towards its outboard motor fitment that would be taking place later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment