The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Thursday 4 July 2013

Meet Captain Lucien

Fresh back from our holiday, we recall with great pleasure our meeting with Cliff and Liz from Down Under. Of course I couldn't miss an opportunity to tell them all about my Boat For My Potplants, and when I did, I was presented with a genuine Victoria Police badge (Liz is a cop) to be kept somewhere on board. Try as I might, I couldn't think where to put it.

The following day we went to a Vide Grenier (car-boot sale). I couldn't resist buying the Captain for a euro. I asked the seller what the Captain's name was. She thought for a moment, scratched her head, clearly thinking 'zees English are zo crazy' and came up with "Lucien".

And it dawned upon me that Captain Lucien can wear the badge, with pride and honour, on The Boat For My Potplants.

It all sounds a bit mad, but then dafter things have been known to happen at sea.





No comments:

Post a Comment