The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Sunday 18 August 2013

New Stocks Required

My new cyber-mates Paul and Yvonne, who own Tempest lV - another TEAL just like my Boat For My Potplants, asked for some pictures of my rear deck. So I've just nipped down with my camera in order to oblige.

While snapping away I put on the hifi and pondered whether it might sound even better with some old Bose speakers my sister gave me. They are lurking in the back of the garage and it's only fair to give them a try.

But before all that, I have to get on my hands and knees with a bucket and sponge and mop up the bilge. I'd forgotten to close up the canopy and with a few downpours we've had recently I have some work to do.

It's Sunday morning, and nobody was about. Whilst on the boat I had an urge to make myself some breakfast, but to my utmost shock and horror, I discovered that I had NO BAKED BEANS on board. Only Tesco tinned curry and Uncle Ben's rice, which I didn't really fancy at eight in the morning.

So at ten o'clock I'll be off to Aldi to stock up. I know how to live it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment