The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 9 May 2020

Back to Basics




Well, it looks like I will finally be going back to my roots, and using my Boat For My Potplants for exactly that purpose - to put plants on. Or at least flowers. And artificial ones at that.



I will look back at these times in years to come with credulity. Usually in May, Wivenhoe has its Open Gardens, and on two occasions my boat has had a nice display (see main banner pic of this blog).

This year, because of the Covid-19 pandemic, Open Gardens has been cancelled, as has pretty much everything else. I wonder whether, in years to come, I'll look back and remember what the pandemic was all about, or whether it will have left an indelible mark, and the world will never be the same again. Who knows?

Anyway, I digress. For folks to see my boat, all they have to do is walk past it. And so I thought why not add a bit of cheer and create a little display?

So I put out an appeal on Facebook for donations of plastic flowers to be left on the boat, so that I can use them to make a display.

Amazingly, donations have been flooding in, thick and fast. Well, I've had three so far. But it's a start.

One of the donations, for some strange reason, wasn't actually a plant or flower - it was a vase. Very pretty too. Oh, and a chicken. A rubber chicken that squeaks.

Never mind. I'll carry on, regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment