The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 30 May 2020

Wivenhoe Open Gardens



Last year we created a display on the boat for the 2019 Wivenhoe Open gardens amidst the Brexit talks. It coincided with my invitation to a French delegation from Montolieu as part of my plan to create a 'Town Friendship'.


Everyone had a jolly good time, and I vowed then to do another Open Garden in 2020.

Alas, the hot topic of Brexit is now paled into insignificance by the Pandemic of our century. Bring back Brexit - it was so much easier to cope with than Covid-19.

But anyway, whatever. There was no reason we shouldn't create a little colour on the top of my Boat For My Potplants, was there?

So, early this Saturday morning, 'Erindoors and I went about producing a small garden, utilising the various bits and pieces donated for said cause by the good folks of Wivenhoe.

Hopefully the tweeting bird, as well as the other objects, have given a few reasons to be cheerful (Part 3) during these strange and surreal times.



No comments:

Post a Comment