A Boat For My Potplants


My nautical project took me to glorious places, metaphorically speaking. There were parties on board. There was The World's Smallest Pirate Radio Station. Of course there were plants. And one day even a gorilla.
The boat also became my 'Writer's Retreat'. I decided to become an author, writing my debut novel aboard the boat. The book, called MUDDY WATER, was naturally set in Wivenhoe. Amazingly, several local people paid good money to have their names appearing in the book, and a lot of cash was raised for worthy charities - the RNLI, MIND, The Samaritans, and The Royal British Legion.
Now, my next multi-singular selling novel, FLORIDA KEY, is in 'production', due for publication in October 2017.
I'm sure to be visiting writers' block along the way, as well as euphoria, self-doubt and inspiration.
See how my book goes through all the stages - from initial concept to final print. I'll take you with me on my personal journey as I work on the words, on the cover, on the marketing, and on the publishing.
Maybe it will inspire you too to have a go at bringing out THE BOOK IN YOU. Everyone has a story in them, just waiting to be told, and after all, if I can do it, anyone can.
(Click on the tabs below to see more about the Writer's Retreat In France, the old Boat For My Potplants, Tallulah the Motorhome, Alfonso the Car, and Jane the Woman. And to find out more about MUDDY WATER the novel, click the cover to be transported to its Facebook page)

Sunday, 8 April 2012

Calming The Mind


It's been a nerve-racking time recently.

Sorry dear blog-readers for my absense of late, and now today I have to return to France for a further two weeks. All in the name of work, you understand - NOT HOLIDAY, as I keep having to explain to everyone I meet.

However, during my captured time here I have been busy trying to plan for The Boat For My Potplant's inaugural voyage.

Yes indeed. The wonderful Tracy at Brightlingsea Boat Park And Ride will be coming up the river on Monday 23rd April to attach and tow back my boat to their yard, in order to fit the new motor that's being sent by those nice people at Suzuki.

But Tracy doesn't have a spare trailer, so my helpful brother-in-law Martin will be taking his speed boat and trailer to their place, leave the trailer and then come up river alongside them on his speedboat, which he'll leave in my boat's mooring. A little complicated, I know - but complicated is what I do best, according to my darling 'Erindoors.

Then, a few days later - hopefully Thursday 26th April, which is also my birthday, we'll be bringing my boat triumphantly back to Wivenhoe, under it's own steam for the first time. At last I'll finally be going somewhere in it.

What a great birthday treat. I wonder what sound the motor will make.

In the meantime, I've been putting the final coat of varnish on the woodwork, and of course tending the daffodils, which have been coming up nicely I'm pleased to say.

There's nothing like a few daffs to help calm the mind.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete