The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 26 December 2009

Last Night...

Last night, Christmas 2009, I walked quietly along the quayside at Wivenhoe, in the freezing damp air. The river was calm and still, and no one was about, Wivenhoe's occupants having decided wisely to stay in the warm for their Christmas evening supper.

I wandered casually over to the position on the quayside where the Boat For My Potplants is going to be moored, and gazed dreamily at the empty space, feeling happy with myself for having secured such a prime location for the boat's new home.

It is sure to be an upstream struggle, transporting the boat over from St Neots, getting it ship-shape in the Spring, and finally welcoming friends and family aboard to share the first Captain's Dinner some time in the Summer.

I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment