The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Tuesday 10 August 2010

A Woman Of Substance

'I never change my mind', said Sarah Blum, whose company Sail And Cover Ltd of Woolverstone near Ipswich, has kindly agreed to make me a new canopy for my Boat For My Potplants.

That's what I like - someone who sticks to her word. Why aren't there more companies in the world like hers? She said she was going to sort me out - and by golly, she is sorting me out.

And just in the nick of time, I wager. It's been a-raining all day long, and my temporary repair of the original canopy is all but falling apart - were it not for the Duck tape and staples that are keeping it in one piece - just about.

Pretty soon my boat will proudly be displaying a custom-made, and possibly multi-coloured, cover that will protect it from the elements.

And there I was thinking that Sarah may have changed her mind about the job. Shame on me. I hadn't realised that I was dealing with a real woman of substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment