The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Sunday 22 July 2018

Like a Millpond


I spent a second night aboard Miss Baudet. And not because I've been kicked out by the present 'Erindoors, no sir!

With our home being fully occupied this weekend, last night a golden opportunity to take myself to The Boat Currently Without Any Potplants presented itself. With great chivalry I gave up my bed. I could have occupied the sofa, but the chance of waking up to the sound of seagulls and egrets squawking away was too hard to resist.

The call of nature eventually persuaded me to return home in the early hours to avail myself of the more comfortable facilities there - but I couldn't resist strolling along to the end of Wivenhoe pier to gaze at the river that was as calm as a millpond, with the incoming tide steadily creeping along its watery path.

Happiness is merely feedback of the current surroundings. Contentment is where it's really at.

No comments:

Post a Comment