The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Sunday 29 July 2018

The Nerve Centre

Image may contain: one or more people and close-up


The Boat Currently Without Any Potplants has now been renamed 'The Nerve Centre', and it has its own fish'n'chips bar on its rear, er, I can't remember what it's called. Lined up and ready with sauces and vinegar.


It's the place where my publisher (I still love saying that - it sounds so decadent and important), David Roberts and I go to hatch new and exciting marketing plans to help Florida Key to sell like hotcakes.


"You know that point-of-sale display we made out of your Missus' shoe-boxes to put by the till at the Co-op and on the bar at the Black Buoy? Well, how about we give away a hot cake with every book at the Co-op, and perhaps a bag of pork scratchings at The Black Buoy?" I suggested, with enthusiasm.

Unfortunately David wasn't listening.

He was too busy consuming his bottle of Sarsons Malt*.



* For non-Brits - that's a brand of vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment