The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Sunday 29 July 2018

Nerve Centre Week 1

Town Councillor Phil Booth Delivering Big News

A week of extraordinary heat saw 'Erindoors and me working outdoors in temperatures far beyond what we were used to. Felt like 100 degrees plus. We felt and looked miserable from first thing.
And it wasn't only that . . . It was a full-on week, for sure.

Monday: Prison
Tuesday: Royal Acadamy
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: Another quality job painting Alice's Cottage (no job too small, etc etc)
Friday evening respite: RAIN. The first for over 50 days. Phew, what a scorcher that was.

'Erinoors and me. High temps predicted
And then, as if a mirage of hope upon the horizon, Phil (aka Phil Booth, Cincinnati Police Cop in Florida Key) came to The Boat Currently Without Any Potplants, to deliver some exciting news to me! VERY EXCITING. Written in caps, as Mr. Trump would do.

Apparently, the Mayor of Wiv is up for my suggestion of twinning our town with Montolieu. I know I oughtn't use too many '!'s. But, fuck it,  I will. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a 'Working Committee' meeting is all set for 10th August to discuss what the next stage outta be.

Watch this space. I'll be buying the Powers That Be a few beers that evening, with my fingers firmly crossed behind my back for a positive motion for going forward.
The lovely 'Alice's Cottage'


Who knows where this may lead?

Certainly not me. I had no idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment