The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Monday 23 July 2018

P's and Q's

This morning was another humbling one when I visited the library of Chelmsford Prison to talk with the inmates about the process of writing  - and hopefully getting the message across that it can be a positive thing to do, and never mind the comas and periods, let alone the p's and q's.

I waffled on about the story behind Florida Key, the writing process and the inspiration behind the story.







In my case it was a key I bought from a flea market that turned out to be from a prison (ironic, considering where I was). And a bike ride I took years ago when I met a Japanese cyclist going the other way in the middle of Kansas.

I don't suppose I sold many books today, but that wasn't the point of the excercise.






No comments:

Post a Comment